The evidence-based business case for gender diversity is well documented and widely accepted internationally.
But while the lack of gender diversity at board level is a hot topic, effective action to break down barriers and bring about real change has proved challenging.
As leaders in the public and private sectors, 25 Percent Group members have the power to challenge and change the status quo. Each of us has pledged to lead by example, increasing women’s participation in senior positions within our own organisations, and to encourage our business peers to do the same. Our goal is simple – 25 percent female participation on boards by 2015.
The group’s focus on gender diversity is the first step towards ensuring that boards of the future capture the full benefits of diverse thinking.
top reads:from "why diversity of thinking"
- Closing the Gender Gap: Plenty of Economic Upside
- The Bottom Line: Connecting Corporate Performance and Gender Diversity
- Transforming Cultures to Grow Women Leaders
- Our experiences in elevating the representation of women in leadership: A letter from business leaders
- New Corporate Governance Recommendations on Diversity: Early adopter case studies